Nuttelex Buttery Spread
Nuttelex Original Spread
as you like
How to cook
- Line an 18cm square baking mould with parchment paper. Sift the cake flour and almond powder together into a bowl.
- Lightly toast the almond slices for 4-5minutes till light brown.
- Soften the Buttery Nuttelex with a whisk, add the icing sugar and mix well.
- Add in the beaten egg in 2 parts, mixing well each time.
- Add in the cake flour and almond powder and fold in with a spatula till the flour is gone and the dough comes together.
- Wrap the dough in cling wrap, and flatten it into a square. Let it rest for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Remove the cling wrap from the chilled dough. Place it on a piece of parchment paper. Cover with a new piece of cling wrap and roll it using a rolling pin to an 18cm square to fit the baking mould.
- Place It into the lined baking mould and prick holes into it using a fork.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 170-180 degree celsius for 15-20minutes and leave it to cool.
- Put in all the ingredients for the nougat except the almond slices into a pot. Heat it over medium to high heat till it boils and thickens slightly.
- Turn off the heat and add in the almond slices. Mix well.
- Pour the almond nougat from step 10 on top of the baked cookie base.
- Bake it again in a preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for 18 -22minutes or till it turns golden brown.
Assemble & serve
- Remove from the tray to cool. When it is still warm, cut it into your favourite size and shapes. Dip in melted chocolate, sprinkle pistachios/strawberry powder if you like. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Kellogg’s Lace Nibbles
Banana Bread Pudding
Honey Walnut Cake
Chocolate Cup Fruit Cake
Basque Burnt Cheesecake
Rudolph Butter Cupcakes
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Tartlets
Portuguese Egg Tarts
French Almond Apple Tart
Honey & Nut Baklava
Blueberry Muffins with Organic Millet Quinoa Oatmeal
Just 5 Minutes: Microwave Cheesecake5.0 (4)
Naan Con Cubanos Fixin’
Golden Pillow Cheese Pineapple Tarts
Rendang Shepherd’s Pie
Chocolate Molten Lava
Kellogg’s Rendang Crisps
Chocolate Button Cookies
Christmas Cornflakes Wreaths