Choux Puffs with Aged Gouda and Truffle Cream
|Truffle Cream Cheese|
or 10-12 shavings of fresh white truffle
How to cook
- To make the choux pastry, mix butter, water and milk in a sauce pot. Set to simmer.
- Add flour, sugar and salt to the simmering mix. Stir consistently with a wooden spoon.
- After the flour forms into a dough ball, mash it hard with the wooden spoon for 4-6 mins. Allow to cool for 5 mins.
- Add eggs to the dough, one at a time. Mix and stir well until fully incorporated, before adding in the next egg.
- Once all the eggs have been added and the dough looks shiny, transfer it into a piping bag.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pipe small mounds of choux pastry about 1.5 inches in diameter.
- Pipe them at least 2 inches apart as they will swell up to twice their size!
- Bake in oven for 15-20 mins until they have puffed up.
- Reduce oven temperature to 170°C and then finish baking for another 10-15 mins until golden brown.
- Refrain from opening the oven too many times.
Truffle Cream Cheese:
- Combine butter, cream cheese, parmesan, spring onions, garlic and truffle oil/truffle slices.
- Slice open the choux pastry and fill it with the cream cheese mixture.
- Serve with a generous grating of aged gouda on top of each serving.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Orange Passover Cake
Basque Burnt Cheesecake
Easy Homemade Churros
Chocolate Christmas Log Cake
Kellogg’s Lace Nibbles
Rudolph Butter Cupcakes
Baked Tiger Curry Puff with Kelly Luncheon Ham (Picante Pork)
Baileys Irish Cheesecake
Pandan Gula Melaka Cake
CNY inspired Tiger Swiss Roll
Traditional Baked Lotus Mooncake with Salted Egg Yolk
French Almond Apple Tart
Portuguese Egg Tarts
Brazilian Cheese Bread
Peach & Blueberry Cheesecake
Mini Fruit Tarts5.0 (2)
Air Fryer Pineapple Jam
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Tartlets
Cinnamon Mozzarella Rolls
Blueberry Muffins with Organic Millet Quinoa Oatmeal
Churros Ice Cream Bowl